The Inclusive Language Tool has been developed by the Field to help you make sure you’re using the most disability-inclusive language in your profile, job ads, applications, and on the Field in general. Using the Inclusive Language Tool is quick and easy.
- Start by typing or pasting the text you want to check into the text field
- Once your text is in the text box, click "check language"
- If there is language that could be changed to be more inclusive, suggested changes will appear. You will also find a text box with the sentence where the word appears. To make changes you can:
- Click directly on the suggested changes to add them straight into the text
- Type the suggested changes into the text box
- Scroll through them by clicking "next" and "previous"
- Accept changes by clicking "finish".
- Changes to your text will appear in the "reviewed" text field
- You can then review, copy or clear the updated text
- If the Inclusive Language Tool has no suggestions about how to make your language more inclusive, the tool will let you know.
You can access the Field’s Inclusive Language Tool here.