Last revised and updated in August 2022.
We call our online jobs recruitment website and all related systems and services “The Platform”. These Terms apply to job seekers and general members of the public (Job Seekers) when they access features of The Platform.
When you see “we” or “us” we are talking about The Field and our related entities. The Field is also known as The Field Jobs Trading Pty Ltd. Our Australian business number (ABN) is 58 655 094 465. When we talk about “you” or “your” we mean any person or entity that agrees with these Terms (a User).
You can find other definitions in these Terms to explain the words we use.
The key sections of these Terms are listed below:
- Licence to use the Platform
- Acceptance of Terms and Licence
- Privacy and your personal information
- Signing up
- Account security
- Your use of the Job Seeker Features
- Use with your device
- Intellectual property rights
- Limitations on liability
- Account suspension or termination
- Changes to these Terms and the Platform
- Contact us
1. Licence to use the Platform
Licence means permission to use our Platform, including our website. Our Platform helps people with disability (Job Seekers) to find suitable employment. It also helps hiring managers to be more inclusive when they look for new employees. Job Seekers can use these features (Job Seeker Features) on our website if they have registered and created an account (a User Account). A Job Seeker can:
- create a user profile to give employers information about themself (including uploading their resume, or audio and video recordings about themselves)
- search listings to find job opportunities
- save job listings that interest them
- send applications to potential employers who have posted a job
- check up on the progress of applications
- update their contact details.
When you accept these Terms, The Field gives you a license (or permission) to use these Job Seeker Features and other parts of our Platform. This is called the Licence. You may only use the features and the Platform in the way described in these Terms. The Licence is revocable, and The Field has the right to cancel or withdraw permission. The Licence is non-exclusive and allows other people to use these services as well. You cannot give this Licence to other people to use these services.
2. Acceptance of Terms and Licence
These Terms are a legal agreement between you and The Field. We take it that you have read and accepted our terms when you use our Platform. When you do any of the following, you are accepting our Terms:
- when you create a User Account on The Platform, you accept the Terms electronically (e.g., by clicking “I Accept”)
- when you look at or use any content on The Platform
- when you apply for a job listed on The Platform
- when you sign into and use The Platform
- when you agree to any document The Field Group gives you that refers to these Terms.
The Field Group means The Field and any related body corporate of The Field.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not use the Job Seeker Features on our website.
We may use third party platforms and systems to make our Platform available. These are other websites and providers who are not part of The Field. Some of these providers require us to give you additional terms and conditions in our Terms. These are called Third Party Terms. You can find these in the Appendix at the end of our Terms. From time to time, we may let you know about other Third Party Terms that you need to be aware of. When this happens, we will try as far as possible to inform you by email, through our website or through other electronic communications.
When you use the Platform, you also need to follow the Third Party Terms. When you use the Platform or Job Seeker Features as described, it means that you agree to the Third Party Terms. If you do not agree to any additional terms or Third Party Terms, we may ask you to stop using the Job Seeker Features on our website.
3. Privacy and your personal information
When you use the Platform, we may collect statistics about you and how you use our services. This information is general, and it is made anonymous (it does not include your name). We may use this information to make our services available, improve our services, develop new services, identify business trends, and for other uses that we communicate to you.
Through our website, we may receive personal information and (potentially) sensitive health information about you and other people that apply for job opportunities. We will follow all laws that apply to that personal information and sensitive health information. We will only share that personal information with:
- other members of The Field Group
- our employees, and contractors who need this information to keep our Platform working well
- the Hiring Managers who use the Platform to find potential employees.
4. Signing up
You may be able to search through the job listings and generally browse the Platform without an account. To use most of the Job Seeker Features on our website, you must register and create a User Account. To create a User Account, you must be a person who is 16 years of age or older.
When you register for a User Account, you will be asked to give your name, email address and mobile phone number, and you must create a password. This information is called your “User Details”.
If you become aware that a User Account has been created relating to you without your permission, you must report that activity to us. We will investigate the matter further. This includes when another person pretends to be you or uses your information.
5. Account security
You must always keep your password secure and private. You must not share your password with anyone else. You are the only person with permission to use your User Account, unless you have someone that helps you to use the Platform. If someone helps you to access the Platform, then they are also a “User” and they must follow these Terms.
We may add new security features to keep your User Account more secure, such as two-step authentication. We may require you to use these new security features.
If your User Details or the device that you use to access the website have been lost or stolen, or you if become aware of any use of your User Account that you have not given permission for, you must take each of the following steps:
- reset your password, and
- inform us immediately at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we think there has been unauthorised access to personal data in your User Account, we will let you know and give you information about what has happened.
Depending on the type of unauthorised access, and if required by law, we may need to report this to relevant government authorities. We may also report it to any individuals whose personal information may have been affected.
We are not responsible for any unauthorised access that happens when your devices or computer systems are hacked.
6. Your use of the Job Seeker Features
Your right to access and use the Job Seeker Features is only meant for you. You may not give your access to any other person or entity, except when you have someone who helps you to access the Platform. You may only use the Platform to look for jobs in a way that is lawful and genuine. You must not:
- use the Job Seeker Features (any other part of the Platform) in a way that is illegal or unlawful
- provide any information to us or to Hiring Managers that is untrue, misleading, or deceptive
- give Hiring Managers the wrong information or idea about you, your availability to work, your skills, qualifications, or any other wrong information when you apply for a job
- breach the intellectual property rights of any third party when using the Platform (this includes using text, images, audio, or video without the copyright owner’s approval)
- upload files to the Platform that contain viruses or other harmful programs
- upload, publish or link any information to the Platform that does not belong to you or that would be seen as threatening or offensive
- use the Platform to send messages that are not asked for or wanted
- use any automated data gathering tools to copy or take content from the Platform
- try to avoid or disable any security features or measures used on the Platform
- try to change, copy, adapt or imitate any part of the Platform, except as part of normal use
- try to interfere with or use the code for the Platform or any other technology features on the Platform
- copy, share or reuse any learning content that we make available through the Platform
- remove or change any trademark, logo, copyright or other notices, symbols, or labels of ownership on the Platform or anywhere else
- take any action that interferes with our rights regarding the Platform.
The Community Guidelines contain more information about the behaviour we expect from all Users. You can find The Community Guidelines on our website at here.
If you post inappropriate content, or content on the Platform that does not follow these Terms, we may ask you to remove or change that content. We may also remove or change that content ourselves.
You can contact our customer support team between the hours of 9 am to 5 pm (Melbourne time) every Monday to Friday (other than public holidays). Email customer support at email@example.com.
We aim to make the Platform available 24 hours a day. We may need to interrupt your use of the website from time to time for various reasons. These can include equipment not working, doing updates, maintenance and repair, or any other work we need to do on the Platform. To the maximum extent permitted by law, no member of The Field is liable to you or any other entity, for any loss, cost, or damage that results from scheduled or unscheduled downtime of the Platform.
From time to time, we may offer new, updated or trial features on the Platform (Preview Features). You may be able to give feedback on these features. You do not have to use these Preview Features and we do not have to provide you with any Preview Features.
If you do decide to use any Preview Features, you must follow any rules or limits that we place on them.
The Preview Features are provided “as is”. They may have errors or inaccuracies that could cause failures, corruption, or loss of data from any device you use to connect to our website. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree that using the Preview Features is at your sole risk.
8. Use with your device
You can use the Platform on a suitable web browser. You will need an internet connection, network access, and certain types of software on your device. You can find out more about technical requirements on our help page. You agree that you alone are responsible for these requirements. You are responsible for any changes, updates, maintenance, and fees as well as the terms of your agreement with your device and telecommunications provider.
9. Intellectual property rights
The Field, or our technology partners, own all intellectual property rights on the Platform, except as we describe below. This includes any content within the Platform such as the look of our website, text, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trademarks, and logos. You may not use or allow any use of The Field Group’s intellectual property rights, other than to enable you to use our Platform. You may not sell or give any of these intellectual property rights to anyone without getting written consent from us first.
Any content that you provide when you create your User Account or apply for a job, belongs to you or to other third parties. This is called User IP. This includes content such as text, documents, images, trademarks, and other materials. You give us permission or license to use, store, copy, change, communicate, publish, publicly display, and share your content or versions of your content. You are giving us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free worldwide licence (or sub-licence). You may also allow other people to use your materials, you cannot change your permission, and we do not need to pay you for your materials. We may only use your materials to provide, improve, promote, and protect the Platform and the Job Seeker Features.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to the following situations:
- we are not responsible for checking any material that you upload to the Platform (and that you are responsible for checking this material)
- we are not responsible for checking or screening any employers that list jobs on our Platform
- we cannot guarantee that you will find suitable employment using the Platform (or that Hiring Managers will accept your job applications)
- we cannot guarantee that digital files or messages that you receive from the Platform will be free of viruses or destructive programs that could harm your device (this includes files or messages from Hiring Managers that list jobs through the Platform).
The Platform depends on telecommunications, computer networks and the internet to work well. These systems can be unpredictable and may interfere with using the Platform at times. We do not control these systems and we are not responsible for problems they may cause. No member of The Field Group is responsible for the security of your information while it is being sent to us, or for information that gets lost while being sent.
The Platform also uses third-party providers and hosting services (Third Party Products or Services). These services may not always have warranties (protection for customers). To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any Third Party Products or Services. We cannot guarantee that those services will not be interrupted or will be free from defects
11. Limitations on liability
The Field and its related entities are each a Protected Party. The Field and its related entities will not be liable to you or any other person, for any loss or damage that results from using the Platform or any third party services. This includes indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage, loss of profits, economic loss, loss of opportunity, loss of information, or loss from wasted management time, regardless of whether the loss or damage is caused by breach of contract, statute, tort, negligence, or otherwise, or whether any Protected Party or other person was notified of possible loss or damage, due to your use of the Platform or a Third Party Product or Service.
Except as otherwise provided in these Terms and to the maximum extent permitted by law, any warranty, guarantee, condition, representation, undertaking or other right that would be implied in these Terms or is otherwise imposed by statute, common law, equity, trade, custom or usage, is excluded.
In spite of other provisions in these Terms, no Protected Party excludes, restricts or modifies any warranty, guarantee, condition, representation, undertaking or other rights under any statute where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these Terms to be void. This is a “Non-Excludable Guarantee”. Any statute includes the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). To the maximum extent permitted by law, the liability of the Protected Parties for a breach of a Non-Excludable Guarantee is limited, as we choose, to supplying the services again or paying the cost of supplying the services again.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless each member of the Field Group, and their officers, directors, shareholders, and employees, from all claims, suits, proceedings, losses, liabilities, and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, whether in tort, negligence, contract or otherwise, that result (in whole or part) from your breach of these Terms or your use of the Platform. If you are a Customer, this includes any breach by a User.
12. Account suspension or termination
These Terms will continue to apply until either you or the Field end them as described below.
We may, at any time, terminate our legal agreement under these Terms with you:
- if you have breached any part of these Terms (or acted in a manner which shows that you do not intend to, or you are unable to obey these Terms)
- if The Field, in its sole discretion, believes it is required to do so by law
- for any reason and at any time by giving you 30 days’ prior written notice.
We may temporarily suspend your account if we believe it is being used for unauthorised, fraudulent, or unlawful activities or if your account is no longer secure.
You may cancel your User Account at any time by:
- taking any steps described on the Platform
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- contacting the customer contact centre at The Field on 03 9830 0190.
13. Changes to these Terms and the Platform
We may change these Terms at any time by giving you at least 14 days’ written notice. We may notify you by email, through the Platform or by other electronic means. You may refuse to accept any revised Terms by giving us written notice within that 14-day notice period. In this case, you may be required to stop using the Job Seeker Features or the entire Platform. If you do not give us notice within the 14-day notice period or if you continue to use the Job Seeker Features after the 14-day notice period, you are agreeing to the revised Terms.
We have the right to change the design, features or functionality of the Job Seeker Features and the Platform at any time.
These Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. You must submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria and the Commonwealth of Australia for all matters that relate to these Terms.
If The Field fails or delays to exercise any rights in these Terms, it is not a waiver of those rights.
Any provision of these Terms that is invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction must:
- where it is capable of being read down in that jurisdiction, be read down in that jurisdiction to the minimum extent needed to achieve validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction, and
- where it is not capable of being read down in that jurisdiction, it will be severed from these Terms in that jurisdiction, without invalidating or affecting the remaining provisions of these Terms or the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
These Terms form the entire agreement between The Field and you relating to the use of the Job Seeker Features. These Terms replace any previous agreements between us regarding the Job Seeker Features.
In these Terms, “related body corporate” and “related entity” have the meaning given in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
To the extent that a provision of these Terms is expressed to be for the benefit of one or more persons or entities (other than The Field and you), such as related entities, employees, agents or contractors of The Field, The Field enters into the agreements incorporating these Terms in its own capacity and in its capacity as trustee and agent for those persons or entities. The Field is entitled to enforce that provision for the benefit of itself and those persons and entities.
15. Contact us
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.